I am grateful for this year and everything I went through. This is not your average end of year gratitude post, some of the things are so random nevertheless, it’s from A VERY THANKFUL HEART.
1. I am thankful for life, I found a lump in my breast and visited the hospital, fortunately, it was not cancerous. It’s okay to pray for healing and visit the hospital too. I will pay more attention to changes in my body and go for regular check ups now.
2. I am thankful for my family and the heart to love them selflessly. Arguments do not last in our home. We apologise and forgive each other no matter what happens.<3
3. I am thankful for my Church, Zion Impact Ministries, Ghana and for the constant support of my Pastor, my Shepherd, the ministers of the Church and every single member of the Church.It is a beautiful family we have at Church.
4. I am thankful for social media and all the mind blowing opportunities it presented me this year.
5. I am thankful for the strength to support the vision of Ewura360, ProjectKCC and Little Tokens Foundation, projects of my friends and my sister. It was humbling to interact with children and encourage them to work hard towards their dreams.
6. I am thankful for the different part-time roles that have come my way these past few months.
7. I am thankful for a better understanding about relationships and marriage. I am also thankful for healing and the peace to embrace the gift of love.
8. I am thankful for my readers and my followers on social media. You have all been so supportive. I appreciate every single one of you.
9. I am thankful for the events ( recreational and educative) I have attended because people gifted me with free tickets.Thank you for always having me in mind.
10. I am thankful for a regular and pain-free period all year. I usually experience period pains but thank God for healing me.
11. I am thankful for life and the strength I had to wake up every single morning to work when I was working full-time from 8 to 5. Thankful for traveling mercies and God’s protection every single day of work.
12. I am thankful for my former colleagues, I learnt from every single one of them. My bond with a few of them moved beyond ‘office colleagues’ to friendship. I love you guys so much!
13. I am thankful for provision and my finances, God always blesses me with enough to share with others.
14. I am thankful for my gift of writing and creativity. It has opened doors I did not know existed.
15. I am thankful for prayer and the gift of intercession. If there is one thing I learnt from this year, it is that, PRAYER WORKS!
God shook the foundations of things I was trusting in and emphasised daily that, ‘He is not clueless about my life but has the master plan for my life .’ Such ASSURANCE!
I live everyday with a heart of gratitude no matter how things turn out.
16. I am thankful for a second chance to work at projects and dreams I have been running away from because of fear.
17. I am thankful that after 17 months of searching, I found my future husband’s prayer journal. This journal mysteriously got missing and it broke my heart but thankfully I found it so I am glad.
18. I am thankful for an office space once a week. I remember crying out to God in prayer that I missed the 8 to 5 structure. Funny enough, He made a way for me to start working from an office once a week and not always from home.
19. I am thankful for spiritual growth in many areas of my life. It has been difficult but I love the woman it is shaping me into.
20. I am thankful for my trip to Nigeria, it was my first trip to an African country and it unleashed my passion for many more trips around the African continent. I made beautiful connections with amazing people.
21. I am thankful for the opportunity to build myself up. I attended workshops, seminars and signed up for online courses this year. I grabbed knowledge and availed myself to be taught.
22. I am thankful for my mental health and the fact that even though I was anxious about many things, I had a fabulous support system and God through it all.
23. I am thankful for the long weeks of babysitting this year. I had firsthand experience with a baby and learnt to appreciate motherhood. It’s not about carrying a cute baby, it’s sleepless nights, changing diapers, endless crying, singing rhymes, split drink and love journey all wrapped in one. I love babies however they come with a lot of responsibility.
24. I am thankful for my blog, it has taught me to learn to commit to projects that I start and shoot my shot even when I am afraid.
The year 2019 was a good year full of ups and downs, tears and laughs, goodbyes and hellos, starts and stops but through it all,
I am thankful for life and the strength to keep going on.
Thank you for being a part of my 2019.
I hope your year was great and you are looking forward to 2020.